Thursday, May 3, 2007

Cyndi's Top 10 Tri List

TOP 10 REASONS I LOVE TO TRI:

10. I can eat a cookie without any guilt.
9. I get to see what the world looks like before the sun comes up.
8. My butt looks better in jeans.
7. I can finally pee standing up (albeit on a bike).
6. I know that if I ever had the opportunity to travel into space I could sustain myself for eons solely on PowerBar Green Apple Gel.
5. I can keep up with my kids.
4. I get that super "high" feeling when I pass a guy on my bike.
3. I get to learn humility when that same guy, all his friends and a good chunk of the female racing population passes me on the run.
2. Judging from the countless parts of my body that are commonly sore, I must have more muscles than I realized.
AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON . . .
1. Tri-Girls -- I am convinced that there will come a day when other racers won't be "surprised" to be beaten by a Tri-Girl -- they'll expect to.

Looking forward to a great Cinco de Mayo weekend where me and my fellow Tri-Girls will spend a weekend of racing, fun and relaxing in Smith Mtn. Okay, I'll admit, that the Tri Girl idea of "relaxing" means a sprint triathlon race followed by an easy 10 mile run but, nevertheless, there will be some point during the weekend where we are actually relaxing!! I picture it happening over a beer or a glass of wine some time Saturday night!! ahhhhh, can't wait . . . . There will be a full report (minus any Super Secret Smith Mtn. Sloshed Stories) upon my return!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

what a great blog!! you guys are going to have a fabulous race and kick ass! i will be sending you fast thoughts from camp!

carmen said...

so so so missed you this weekend
we will have to reschedule the glass of wine if not the workout
c

TriGirl 40 said...

I agree with Devil Face - we really missed you. And let's reschedule the wine! Loved your list. So does it mean you have tried the peeing on a bike thing?