Friday, October 31, 2008

Who says kids don't like to go to Ironman Florida on Halloween??

October 31st is a tricky time for us IMFL lovers. We, of course, want to be at IMFL and either race or cheer on our teammates but, unfortunately, for the past two years, IMFL has seriously disrupted Halloween and trick-or-treating for our little kiddos. So this year, I developed a plan. I talked my Booger into the BEST Halloween costume EVER: an M-Dot. I told her that she'd get tons of attention and people would love it. She was totally into it so Derek and I made her a costume fit for a an Ironman Princess.

Little did I know exactly how much attention she would get!! I'm talking cars honking, people leaning out of their car windows to take a picture, at least 30 people stopping and asking to get their picture taken with her and even more asking simply to take her picture!!!! It was absolutely hilarious!! She was in heaven and kept saying she was a "pop star". At the end of the night she said this was her best Halloween ever. So, what's the lesson here? I suppose it's that Ironman and kiddies DO mix -- given some creativity and an easy-going kid!



So, as far as the race so far? I got in late this afternoon and only managed to touch base with the crew of T-girl sherpas and volunteers. Derek and I are reporting tomorrow at 6:30 a.m. to work as bike handlers and I'm hoping to get lots and lots of pictures!!! I'll try to give some updates and post some pics of our gals (and guys) kicking the crap out of the IMFL course!

Best of luck to Shawn, Kate G, Kate O., Sharon, Patty, Charlotte, Fred and, of course, the super-awesome Som!! More to report tomorrow . . .

5 comments:

katebott said...

THat is absolutely THE BEST Halloween costume ever!!!!!!!

TriGirl 40 said...

I agree! And Booger is the best M Dot.

Thanks for being in PC to cheer on the TRIgirls!

Unknown said...

Great costume...so crafty!

Anonymous said...

Can I borrow the little Booger's M-Dot costume? I think Jeff will get turned on. lol :-)
I feel seriously craft-impaired after viewing your costume and Kate O's pumpkin!

Anonymous said...

That is super awesome - great thinking Mum.