Friday, March 6, 2009

The Chicken Dance


So, training is hard. Sometimes it's really, REALLY hard. Both mentally and physically. Yesterday I ran sprints. That was hard. Then I went to cycling and Coach M was unusually zealous about kicking our butts. My legs were burning and I had a difficult time keeping efficient pedal strokes. That was really hard. Then Coach M put on the Chicken Dance music during the longest, hardest part of the session. WTF?!? That song is not even entertaining when I'm drunk at weddings. Well, okay, maybe it's a little entertaining if I'm REALLY drunk. But, at cycling?!? Damn. Now I had to tap into my physical and mental stores! And that right there is the difference between what makes it hard and what makes it really, REALLY hard. It's the Chicken Dance.

And, you know what? The stupid song is STILL stuck in my head. Bet it's stuck in yours now too, huh? You're welcome. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The chicken dance is wrong on so many levels...

TriGirl 40 said...

Let's chicken dance across the Lake Placid finish line.

Anonymous said...

I want pictures if you follow Deanna's advice! (And you're right, dammit, now I won't stop thinking about that stupid song!)