Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dammit . . .

Well, the 10 mile run on Sunday felt pretty good. Monday: leg hurts. Hmmm. Maybe it's just that I ran too hard. Tuesday: my run kills the leg. Dammit. But, whatever. I'm SO done with injuries.

One of my favorite quotes has always been:

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screaming "HOLY CRAP what a ride!"
~unknown~

Looks like I'm living the dream, huh? :)

Also, it's 3 months, 24 days til Placid. I may want to think about getting in the pool sometime soon!! I have a feeling I'm going to get a complete and total butt whooping when I go to my first swim next week!!!! I'm totally going to bring my floatie, some flippers and a snorkel.

3 comments:

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

I believe I have your purple snorkel, I will bring it! Hopefully, my sinuses will clear up and I can make a team training.

Unknown said...

I hear you on the stupid injuries. After overdoing it the past few days, my knee has blown up like a balloon. I even had to go home from PT :(
Dammit is right...

Denise W said...

Jeff was saying the same thing the other night (stupid injuries!)...they just interfere with the good stuff. You've still got time before Placid...maybe now's the time to "up" the swimming and do less on the leg for healing purposes?