Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Fliping out . .






The 1/2 IM is looming over me. At exactly 7:23 tonight it dawned on me that tomorrow is packing day. Thursday. The day before we leave to go to the 1/2 IM.
HOLY FLIPPIN' SH%T!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!




I have officially moved from channeling my nervous energy into full, ridiculously organized preparation to flat-out crazy, stupid, absent minded, flipping out!!!! I'm more nervous that I'm going to forget something --- like how to swim. Or to bring my bike. Or maybe I'll break my leg walking to check the mail. Or, what if a jelly fish stings my face? Or I can't fix a flat? Or I pass out from the heat during the run? Or I get kidnapped by a massive herd of wild rhino and can't escape fast enough to make it to the race???



Yes. I am now taking up every seat on the crazy train.

5 comments:

Jonah Holland said...

Cyndi, I am so glad you wrote this. I was searching to find someone else who is freaking out as much as I am. I too have noticed the different stages of "flippin'".
Nothing like a taper to make you lose your mind! You had both me and my hubby laughing.
He was just giving me a hard time becuase I said there are only 2 days left until the race and he couldn't figure out how i came to that conclusion. Well it's already today, so you can't count today
(6 am)...just tomorrow and Saturday left!

Melissa said...

I love you! you are prepared. you are ready for the course. you are organized. and i will take care of that crazy herd of rhino...they get loose sometimes, i know. read susie's post on stopping to smell the roses. take a deep breath and a glass of red. you are going to be more amazing than you can imagine!!xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm a passenger on that train, too. :)
Yikes - this whole week-before-the-race thing is making me crazy!!

SQ

Diane said...

You are strong and fit and prepared and you will be brilliant out there! Try to take a deep breathe and enjoy the rewards of all your hard work.

Anonymous said...

Chi friend,

Have I lost my ever loving mind?

Quickly joining you and SQ on the crazy train.

~LL