Friday, February 15, 2008

Here comes the sun . . .

I realize it has been just over a month since my last blog but life has just gotten crazy. And with things that are just not bloggable -- at least not enjoyably bloggable. But, today. Today was fantastic. Today it was sunny and I got to train outdoors. I forgot how much I missed being on my bike while enjoying the sunshine. Sure it was a bit windy. And, yes, a 3 hour bike ride followed by a 6 miles run may not sound like "fun" but, God, it cleared my head and cleansed my spirit.

I want to remove my hat, close my eyes,and feel the sun, warm and intermittent, on my face.”
William Collins


Today was a good day. Filled with sunshine, love (I was riding with my wonderful Derek) and friendship (my friend Jenn joined for a lap or two and I even ran into TG SanDee). Thank you Mother Nature for giving us this wonderful day in the middle of February!

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Love having you back in blogging world - and glad you were able to enjoy such a wonderful workout!

Camille said...

HI. I was looking for an inpsirational race picture and my search led me to your blog. I am doing my first race ever next week. It's nothing too fancy. a sprint tri. I am nervous as ever for this, but my confidence is growing. Thanks for the beautiful picture "commitment"