Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Spongebob Arms . . .

If I haven't said this before, I only swim during races. I don't really train at all. Pretty much a complete slacker. I only got in the pool something like 5 times (with the exception of during races) for the entire year prior to Ironman Florida. How stupid is that?!? I have often told people that this way of training has left me with Arnold Schwarznegger legs and Spongebob arms. Last night, it was proven beyond a doubt.

My mother got the kids a Wii for Christmas but it was backordered. It arrived last night.

Today . . . I'm embarassed to admit . . . my arms are sore . . . . from playing virtual boxing, tennis and baseball!!! I'm a FREAKIN' IRONMAN for God's sake! I can't believe I need a recovery day after playing a video game!! Needless to say, you will see me at a few more swim practices this year.

Hmmm. Perpaps this is a sign that I should re-think my whole "don't ever lift anything over 12 ozs." stregth-training plan.

6 comments:

TriGirl Kate O said...

At master's swimming last night, we swam @2400m, with 800m pull only (a 500 and a 300). Your workout sounds like more fun, plus you got to spend time with your family--not a bad trade-off.

Melissa said...

i heart wii bowling.

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

Too funny, now I can justify a Wii as a workout expense.

Diane said...

That's classic! Thanks for sharing.

TriGirl 40 said...

You have the prettiest and strongest looking spongebob arms around.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cyndi

Thanks for the message on my blog! Am sooo looking forward to dealing with all those "wot-ifs" now that you've answered them all.