Sunday, September 21, 2008

What a FANTASTIC weekend!!!

Okay, so the nitty-gritty of this fantastic weekend? Let's skip ahead to everything except the training details shall we? Unless you are all dying to find out how I reorganized my linen closet. So, on Saturday, I didn't wake up until 8 am (woohoo!) and finally made my way out to run at about 10am. It was absolutely beautiful!!! While Derek (who was joining me after already running a 6 miler earlier that morning)and I ran, we chatted and laughed and just enjoyed our nice lazy 5 mile run together. When we got home, I spent about 30 minutes stretching and doing my PT exercises. This was the longest pavement run I've done since the femoral stress fx and, thankfully, everything felt GREAT!

On Sunday, Derek and I joined the RABA group for a 54 mile route that started about 5minutes from my house. Even better than that? It started at 9am!! Two days of sleeping in!! Hallelujah for that!!! You know, I was really nervous going on my first ride with this cycling group! Isn't that funny? I felt like I was starting my first day of school and had to try to make new friends or something! "Does my outfit look okay?" "Will they like me?" "Hope they don't think I suck!" Silly isn't it? I really believe branching out to different groups helps you be a more well-rounded person. And by stepping out of my comfort zone and introducing myself to different situations and groups of people, I always remember that "new girl" feeling. And, that helps makes sure I'm never one of those awful, intimidating clique-ey people! You know the ones? Where you approach a group and they all look at you but no one says hello. Yeah, they suck. Anyway, my aversion to "cliquiness" is a whole blog in itself so back to the ride . . . As it turns out, everyone was really welcoming and friendly and the ride was absolutely gorgeous!! I had no idea I had such a great ride route so close to my house! In the next few weeks, my plan is to make french toast, fresh fruit and mimosas and try to lure the TRIgirls out here for a nice ride followed by brunch at my place!!!

So my plan for this week? Continue plugging away at my run while helping to calm Kelsey's nerves about her first "real" swim meet this weekend. She's swam in casual summer league meets but she's now part of a year-round swim team and she is swimming some crazy stuff. Here's her event list for this weekend:

200 Freestyle
50 Backstroke
100 Breaststroke
50 Butterfly
100 IM (25 each of Fly, Back, Breast, Free)
100 Freestyle
50 Breaststroke
100 Butterfly
50 Freestyle
100 Backstroke

I would die!! Seriously. 100 of Buttefly?!? Good God. Shoot me now. She's very, very nervous so send her some of that great TRIgirl mojo!!

8 comments:

TriGirl Kate O said...

Good luck Kelsey!

I'm in on the french toast/ride!

Unknown said...

Rock on Kelsey! You will do great!

I'm in for the FT ride...

TriGirl 40 said...

Wait - you had me at nice ride - did you really say Cyndi's French Toast, too. Please just don't make it MightyMan weekend!

Tell Kelsey we are all cheering her on!

Kate said...

Good luck Kelsey! I am totally in for the ride.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cyndi! Boy, do I remember those swim meet days. Most especially the 5 a.m. risings to get Madeline there on time. Kelsey will do great--the coaches always put them in events they CAN do, plus a couple to challenge them. Tell her to carb load the night before...oh, and if they're selling "noodles" at the meet, eat in-between too! Good luck to her!
PS I am so jealous about the french toast...:-(

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

Kelsey- you are a rockstar!!

Anonymous said...

Cyndi, are you a SwimQuest mom? I think our daughters swim together. I'd love to talk with you about tri-training.

TriGirlDebbieJo said...

Ok...I'm taking that as an invitation for French Toast! Glad to read Kelsey did well!