Friday, September 19, 2008

Officially back . . .

Okay, this is my official re-entry into the world of blogging. So much has happened over the last few months -- both mentally and physically, that I felt I just couldn't keep up with life and blogging at the same time. But, now I feel a bit more settled and hope to check in a bit more often!

With my hiatus from racing this year, I have to admit, I have felt separated from my teammates. They are all gearing up for their respective races and I feel I'm just piddling around with no direction. I'll admit it. I'm jealous. Insanely jealous, actually. And, honestly, I'm sad. I miss them. I miss being part of "the team". I mean, I know I am still (and will always be) a TRIgirl but I miss the day-to-day fun that comes along with training with your teammates. I suppose I just feel a bit disconnected -- I can't wait for IMUSA . . .

Have I told anyone that I'm getting my USAT Coaching Certification in October? No?? That's probably because I wasn't sure I wanted to let people know. The plan is that I'll start "officially" coaching for TRIgirl next year (YAY!) but, you know, that little negative voice I thought I had squashed when I did IMFL?? Well, it's back. I haven't really told anyone because I imagine people thinking "Her? A coach? HA! What does she know??" Despite the really fantastic enouragement and confidence I have been getting from my own coaches, I still have that whole self-confidence issue eating away at me.

I am finally up to running 5 miles now (I know, big whoop!) But, it has been a long, slow road and I think (*hope*!) that I am doing everything right so that I'll be fit and ready to go when IMUSA training begins. Until then, I'm just going to keep plugging along like a turtle.

Okay, well. Hmmmm. Wow, I'm going to have to get used to this blogging thing again. I forgot how difficult it is to write down random thoughts!! I have a ride planned this weekend with the Richmond Area Bike Association so I guess I'll have more stuff to say after that (let's hope!!)

8 comments:

TriGirl Kate O said...

Cyndi,
You will be a great coach! First, you set a very good example of hard work and dedication to the sport--who would take direction from some lazyass person who doesn't walk the walk (or try the tri?!) You are uber-organized, have a great ability to plan ahead. You can see the big picture for the fine details. And lastly, YOU ROCK. Lynn and I were also looking forward to IMUSA training--we are going to have a blast while we sweat, bleed, and cry.
'nuf said.
hugs,
ko

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

Woohoo! I was thinking about you wondering how you were. And now, such good news! You will be an awesome coach! And any progress in running is great, at least from that is what I keep telling myself!

Now for your coaching nickname....

tri-ing races not cases said...

Glad to hear you are back! I'm looking forward to training for IMUSA with you. And congrats on your certification.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back - I just got my Coach certification here in NZ, and I am going through all the things you are. Am feeling a little overwhelmed and intimidated by the "top" coaches, although it is all in my head! Yesterday I decided to get over my big bad negative self, and went about contacting a pile of people to get my name and ideas out there.

I can't wait to get started, and I know you will be an awesome coach, just like me (positive re-inforcement!!). We have real life experiences and a lot to offer new triathletes who are just getting going - been there, done that, did IRONMAN for goodness sake.

PS, I really love the TriGirl idea you guys have got going and wouldn't mind doing a similar "team" thing here. Will be watching with interest.

TAKE CARE

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck with the Certification!!!

Kate said...

Good for you, I think you will be a fantastic coach.

TriGirl 40 said...

Yay! Been missing me some Cyndi!

I have to chime in and say you will be (actually already are in many ways) an incredible coach. You are thorough, talented - and most of all inspiring.

Happy that the running is coming back nicely!

And grrrr - really wish I would have picked your brain about So CA! LOVED Malibu and Laguna Beaches!

Unknown said...

Silly C - you are a natural when it comes to coaching, so no more doubts.

I hear you on the disconnectedness. My knees are keeping me from any kind of running - and i had so hoped to train with the TGs for the Richmond half. It's making me sad. :(

Time to get my bike out - I'm ready for that.