Thursday, July 12, 2007

Yes, I'm still alive . . .

I was reminded today by my fave "Fave" that it has been exactly one month since my last post. What the heck?? Clearly I haven't been that busy have I???? Well, yes. Unfortunately, life has been so busy that I'm struggling with keeping all of my workouts on track. The best thing I ever did was to shout loud and clear at the beginning of this year that this was the "Year of ME". My volunteer obligations, part-time job and everything else was going to take second chair to one year of me following my dreams. But, that is so much easier said than done. I need to learn the art of saying "no"!

On a training note, I've gotten most of it in. But I miss the Tri Girls!!!! I am SOOOOO looking forward to riding with them on Saturday. It is amazing how much your teammates mean to you in your life. I mean, most of my close friends support me, but they really don't understand what I'm doing. To them the idea of 112 miles on a bike is simply a long car ride. Maybe a trip to King's Dominion and back. And the idea of foregoing social gatherings in order to fit in a training session or becauase you have to wake up early to train is downright NUTS!! Thank God for the gals who have bonded on this journey!!! I honestly couldn't do it without you all!!!!

Hope to see so many TG gals on Saturday!!!!! I need a fix!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you FINALLY posted again :). Saying no is something I have to become better at too. It's so hard not to feel guilty about it.

TriGirl 40 said...

I need me a Cyndi fix, too. :)Looking forward to seeing you at WC tomorrow and trying out the new awesome route.

Jenn said...

Thank goodness I hear from you via email otherwise I thought you had dropped off the planet :-) Hope you had fun at MB too!

carmen said...

i almost forgot what you look like
see blurry pink go by fast on bike
hmmm
guess i better go post now too!

Melissa said...

i've missed you! welcome back. hopefully i will see you sooooon

Anonymous said...

Cyndi D!
Always a treat to hear from you and/or see you. Sorry I couldn't join you all (although I did ride half a mile with Derek) on Saturday. Hopefully we all do the 50-miler together. :)

SQ

Diane said...

Please say we don't have to wait until Aug. 12 for another... :)
BTW I tried part of your alternate route out of WC today and it was great! Thanks for the tip.