Thursday, December 27, 2007

Winter . . .


I am a California girl. Through and through. And what does that mean? Winter kills me. It's like water to the Wicked Witch. Or Kryptonite to Superman. It is literally sucking the life out of me. If I don't get bright beautiful sunshine at least once a week I get depressed. I honestly think I have that SAD disease where you need sunlight on a regular basis or you go wacko. Now I know most of you are probably saying, "What? Richmond has mild winters! And this one has been warm so far!" That may be true but, you see, I grew up in So. Cal. I like tank tops -- ALL YEAR LONG. I DESPISE jackets and sweaters and all this other bundled up stuff that makes me feel like the Michelin man.

A week or so ago we had an unseasonably warm night. I actually went for a run in shorts and a t-shirt. And I was like some maniac on crack. I wouldn't stop running. Despite the fact that I've been put on running restriction for my achilles and the fact that I usually dislike running! I just kept going and going like Forest Gump. If I hadn't had to fix the kids dinner, I think I would have just kept going until the weather got cold again -- which was the next day. Ugh!

Okay, enough of my bitching. I'll write something more positive soon (if it's warm) And, really, how many days until Spring???

No comments: