Thursday, January 3, 2008

I'M SO HAPPY!!!


Sing with me "It's the most wonderful time of the year . . ." Okay, I know. That's a wacky way to follow up my whole "I hate winter" tantrum but last night I registered for the first tri of the season. Woohoo!! I can feel it coming. The training that we say we hate but we secretly long for, the comraderie of being on an awesome team, the setbacks, the PRs, the excitement of race day. Woohoo, again!!! I get excited just thinking about that moment right before you start a race when your adrenaline is pumping and your jumping out of your skin!! Toeing that line and thinking, "will my training payoff? is today a good day or will I struggle?" and, really, "will I do myself proud?" I just LOVE race day! It totally makes up for all those days of waking up at the crack of dawn just to drag your sleepy butt out of bed to run in -1,000 degrees!

There will be 33 of us at the first race and it's going to be FLIPPIN' AMAZING!!! I can't explain how awesome it is to see that pink on the course -- high-fiving, encouraging one another, and cheering eachother on. It makes the race such a great experience.

Woohoo, for a third time!!! Bring on the tri-season!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i find irony in your three "wooh-hoo's"
see you at the finish line. you will be rested and showered and keeping my seat warm!

TriGirl 40 said...

It will be "flippin' amazing." :) Bring it on - and the post TRIgirl celebration, too.

Anonymous said...

WOOH-HOO

What a whole bunch of energy you gave me reading that!!! THANKS