Thursday, March 22, 2007

Counting down . . . .

the official countdown to the dreaded sprints has begun. (By the way, I'm completely addicted to this Blingy Blob thing that Trimom turned me on to! Soon you guys will witness the countdown til lunch, til the kids come home from school, til I brush my teeth, etc.) Anyway, this is the way it works for the next couple days until sprints: I will think endlessly about how much they suck. I will run conservatively today in anticipation of the energy sucking sprints. I will then eat my face off all day tomorrow to 1) pretend that I need to load up on energy and 2) force myself into a guilt ridden stupor so that I feel I HAVE to do the sprints just to make up for the crap I ate. When I have finished the final sprint on Saturday, I will think, "hey, that really wasn't so bad" and vow not to get so worked up about sprints the next time. And, then the entire cycle will repeat itself again about 2 days before the next Saturday sprint workout. Yes, I am driving this crazy train and, apparently, I'm (unconsciously) enjoying the ride!

On a completely different note, do you ever wish you could be on whatever drug it is that kids seem be be born with? My 5 year old (I call her Booger -- you don't want to know why -- let's just say she enjoys the fact that she carries salty little "snacks" in her nose) anyway, right now Booger is running around the family room, wearing just a pair of pink panties, laughing as she's spinning around making herself dizzy. Soon, she'll collapse on the floor and let the dog, Cali, tickle her with doggy kisses. Can you imagine feeling that free? Maybe I'll have to try that one day (minus the doggy kisses). Oh, wait, I forgot, I'm trying to balance the whole training/drinking thing! You all better watch out the day after Ironman, though!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Booger will have to meet my 5 year old at some point - they sound like kindred spirits!

Hope the sprints go well.

TriGirl 40 said...

You crack me up. But I definitely think you've got the whole sprint anxiety cycle summed up perfectly. I'm already thinking of excuses as to why mine will suck this week - or why I shouldn't go - AND how to justify pigging out the day before (and after).

What happens the day after Ironman - stays in Panama City!

Jonah Holland said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one sweating the 1/2 mile repeats. I've been trying to think of an excuse to do them "privately" without the MMF/Trigirl peer presure! It almost worked.

Ro said...

Salty little snacks...hahahahahaha! That is HYSTERICAL!