Sunday, March 25, 2007

I survived the dreaded sprints. Yes, I knew I would yet it still seems like I've battled some monster in doing so!! I want to go around for the rest of the day telling people, "You know, I look like the average girl but do you know that I did a timed mile and 6 flippin' sprints today??? Followed by a 2 hour bike ride. Yeah, I kinda kick ass like that." Good God! Imagine what I'll be like after Ironman. I'm telling you right now. The tattoo is going on my forehead. With arrows pointing to it. And, maybe some blinking lights.

So, anyway, back to reality. Sprints suck BUT PR's are damn FANTASTIC!

Times:

1 mile timed: 7:32 (fastest ever! I know, I'm like a Kenyan, huh? Okay, maybe a Kenyan baby, but a Kenyan nonetheless!)
1/2 mile 1 - 3:38
1/2 mile 2 - no time
1/2 mile 3 - 3:45
1/2 mile 4 - 3:48
1/2 mile 5 - 3:53
1/2 mile 6 - 3:58

I was very happy to keep the rest of my 1/2 mile sprints under 4 minutes. That's quite an accomplishment for me. Particularly since my Thursday run was the worst ever. I actually had to stop by a friend's house during my run to beg some water and a banana! She was shocked and asked how far I'd been running. She expected me to say some really cool Ironman-like training distance like 9 miles or something. She almost fell over when I told her 1.67 miles!! HAHAHA!! That's pathetic! Oh well, there are good days and there are bad days. Or, as Booger likes to tell me, "Sometimes you're the pin and sometimes you're the ball". Clearly, that day I was the ball.

The only other workout I did this weekend was a swim tonight. I actually sort of got the rhythm of the butterfly. It's still not pretty but at least it doesn't make the lifeguards go on alert. The rest of the swim was uneventful. I swam hard but didn't have the energy that I needed to really put forth 100 percent. I really need to focus on swimming during the week. That is the one part of training that I tend to skip the most. Also, I have REALLY got to get back into strength training. So, that's my goal for this week. Incorporate swimming and make sure to strength train. We'll see how that goes. . . .

3 comments:

Diane said...

Congrats on not only doing the dreaded sprints but on running amazing times! (And BTW, you don't look like an "average girl" - you look like a super-fit, gorgeous, rockin' TriGirl!)

TriGirl 40 said...

Wow - what amazing times! And I agree with Diane - you are not an average girl - but a terrific and beautiful person, wife, friend, mom, future Ironman (!) - inside and out!

Jonah Holland said...

You are hilarious. I hope that rock star girl writes a few more of your blogs. That time is phenominal! Really! WOW!

i'm gonna steal the pin and ball thing i love it.