Tuesday, March 11, 2008

First off -- let me say -- I know a bunch of really smart women!! It's clear that everyone thinks I need to check out what the heck is going on with my leg before I commmit to any kind of running right now. And, I agree. DB's comment really hit home. Injuries do suck. Missing a race sucks. Missing an entire tri season would suck WAY more.

So, tomorrow I'm going follow Dr. A's advice and go to physical therapy to work out my hip flexor AND I'm following Dr. B's advice and getting my MRI. Luckily, Dr. B was able to talk the hospital into fitting me in -- albeit at 9pm at night! Who knew they did MRI's that late? I supposed I should "appreciate" (see, I'm using my "word"!) that I'm able to get it done so quickly. I'm not sure how long it will take before I get the results back but I'm hoping before the weekend. If it's a stress fracture, I'll deal with it. If it's not -- then I'll do a crazy, excited, little happy dance, take it easy, go to PT and then see how I feel about Sunday.

I, too, was a lot smarter about my "training" today and did the injured athlete's favorite exercise: swimming. That means I've swam TWICE in the same week!! That in itself is a miracle! It actually felt really nice to just chill out and swim. I managed to swim close to 2 miles before I got ridiculously bored and had to leave. I'm hoping that the swimming will at least keep me from gaining weight from all the "stress related" chocolate I've been eating!!

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Keep us in the loop about how everything goes.

And geez - you'll be the first one out of the water if you use all your running time focusing on swimming!

Trigirl Shawn said...

Yikes! Hope it all works out. Now I am worried, b/c I too have pain in my right hip after running. I'm sending only hip flexor vibes your way.