Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Seriously?!?

Is fate playing some sort of evil little joke on me? I'll make this short -- my doctor (who is the head of the practice's sports medicine deparment) was out of town last week when my MRI films first came back. The doctor acting in his absence stated "stress reaction" so that is what we've been basing my treatment on. Yesterday I had a follow up with my doctor and he elluded to the fact that he thought he did, indeed, see a crack in my bone. I didn't think much of it because there was still the chance it was a stress reaction -- and I wanted to be optimistic. He said he was going to have a friend of his (who also happens to be the head of VCU's sports department) take a second look at my films. Today I got a call. He and the other doctor both concur that after a second examination of my films they most definitely see a crack. It is a full stress fracture. I am now on crutches. I can do NOTHING for two weeks. This SUCKS!!!!

You know, you get to a point where you just have to laugh. I'm not there yet.

(PS - I am so grateful for all of you guys and your kind words though! It really does make me feel so much better. Thank you . . . )

12 comments:

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

That is completely obnoxious! Not as much as the ad in your comments, I mean seriously, did they read you blog b4 posting???

Anonymous said...

aaaaah CRAP!!!! Soooo bummed for you to hear that news.

Kate said...

Okay, this is bad news but better to know now, than later. Take it easy, this is not an injury you want to rush.

TriGirl Kate O said...

Cyndi,
I feel so badly for you....let me know if there's ANYTHING I can do to help (cook, clean, provide punching bag).
Big hugs,
ko

TriGirl 40 said...

GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I am so sorry! Sending lots of healing thoughts your way.

Let us know what we can do to help.

Maybe a wine night on your end of town?

Anonymous said...

If anyone was to steal us - you'd be at the top of the list.

Unknown said...

You know it's serious when Fezzy & Buttercup post. I wish I could raise your spirits - so sad about the injury. :(

sq

tri-ing races not cases said...

Oh no! Not even swimming? How frustrating.

Diane said...

OMG! That totally sucks! I wish you a super-speedy recovery and lots of TG wine while you heal. I could probably even keep up with you in that area...

Jonah Holland said...

boo hooo! We miss you Cyndi!

carmen said...

wow
ive been so out of the loop!!!
i am so so so sorry
to hear about the latest diagnosis

you are one tough and inspirational cookie

be kind to your body
i love you
c

Melissa said...

how frustrating. but everything happens for a reason, right? i think back to your amazing post talking about your word of the year...appreciate. this will allow you that time at home with your family. although we don't understand why the injury gods would let this happen, we can only have faith that although you cannot play with us for a few eeks and we will pout and cry about it b/c that is what we do - we will definitely appreciate you being able to play again soon - and stronger.