Sunday, March 9, 2008

Muscle Bob Buff Pants, Here I Come . . .


Tonight I. Went. Swimming. Yep, you heard right. "SpongeBob Arms" went to swim training! Okay, I realize that that's not really that impressive since it's only the first official swim training of the year! But, it felt SOOOO good and I'm really going to try to make it to more swims this year. So to keep me honest and on track I'm publicly stating where I'm at and where I hope to be by the end of the season:

Current times:
100 yard swim: 1:19
Running timed mile: 7:39; 10k: 54:13
Average bike speed based on my last 27 mile ride: 17.6 mph (okay, that hurt to write down -- I consistently averaged 19 mph on 50 miles rides last year. Apparently, I've gotten lazy -- that sucks.)

End of Season Goals:
100 yard swim: 1:05
Timed mile: 7:15; 10k: 50 minutes; 5k: 25 minutes
Average bike speed for a 50 mile ride: 20 mph

Okay. So now that it's there in black and white, I'm hoping it will help me stay focused to do it!! But, if I resort back to my old ways and you don't see me at swim training -- feel free to harass the hell out of me!!!

2 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

Goodness gracious - if you are that fast right now, I can only imagine what you'll be like after a few weeks in the water.

Anonymous said...

can i draft off you?