Sunday, May 4, 2008

I AM A BIG BABY . . .

Okay, I know I'm being a baby about this but the relay splits were just posted and, well, I'm a little pissed. I felt really strong on the bike. And, my bike computer registered a time of 2:49.46 from the time my bike first moved in transition to the time it was racked after the bike. So, given that I was at the back of the transition area, I estimated my "official" bike time to be about 2:48ish. Derek timed me at 2:47 and change. I have time stamped pictures on my camera of me leaving transition after the swim and coming back after the bike and it is an elapsed time of 2:47-2:48. My official bike time according to Set Up? 2:51.00 What the F????? I know. It's only a few minutes but dammmmnnn it!!!! I'm just totally disappointed with this. It was SOOOOO hard knowing I was going into this race as a relay and it was so painful and anti-climatic to "finish" after the bike. And my swim time was 42:22 which is the slowest I've ever swam this distance. All I had to make me proud of myself was that I had a great bike. And, now, I don't know. It feels tarnished. :(

But, the official time is all that counts so I can stomp my feet and beat my head against the wall for as long as I want but the fact is, my official time is 2:51.00 ARGH!! Okay, I know I'm being such a baby -- I mean, at least I raced right? It was a beautiful day and I was totally inspired by SOOO many TRIgirls and I'm sitting here bitching about 3-4 minutes difference? But I don't care. I'm going to be a baby and go have a glass of wine!!!!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Mine is off too by at least 3 minutes. WTF! I hope they correct it.

Anonymous said...

BABIES DON'T DRINK WINE

But TRIGirls do....

enjoy

Unknown said...

Go with Big Dog's time.

Much love to you - while you may have been bummed about having to miss the run due to the stress fracture, you were (as always) incredibly supportive to the rest of us.

xo
sq

TriGirl 40 said...

I'm feeling like my swim time looked a bit sucky, too.

All I can say is that you ROCKED the bike - I was almost able to draft off the breeze you left behind 5 minutes after you passed me.

Oh, and by the way, your amazing bike was during an injury, wasn't it?