Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wow.

Who is Iron Man? “Expert Michael Sangiacomo introduces us to the bad boy of the Superhero world, a man who gave up his evil ways, but not his love for drink and women in his pursuit of helping the greater good.” UM. I don't think so. The only thing Ironman has in common with this “Iron-man” cartoon guy is the “love for drink” part.

I wanted to share the dumbest post-Ironman comment ever said to me:

I am sitting having lunch at the Capital to Capital century ride. I am donning my super-cool Florida Ironman bike jersey. I worked my ass off for it and I wear it with ridiculous pride. A fellow cyclist says to me, “Oh, wow. Nice shirt. Did you see the movie?”

Um. Excuse me???

To be clear: THERE. IS. ONLY. ONE. IRONMAN.

In case anyone is wondering what the runner-up is for stupid post-Ironman comment:

Someone who knows that I did the Ironman asked me if my M-Dot tattoo was real. My response: “Um, yeah, most people don’t go ‘wild & crazy’ and just get a temporary tattoo after doing the Ironman.” And, to double the stupidity, he asked me this MONTHS after the Ironman. Like I’d keep reapplying a temporary tattoo!!

10 comments:

mommy to 2, feels like 4. said...

Ok, that is too funny. In words stolen from annnnn, I may have just peed a little.

Unknown said...

I actually had someone (who has never done a triathlon and does NOT exercise) say to me, "I was really surprised how long it took you to ride 112 miles."

Nice.

I just smiled and tried to remind myself that this person was just your basic....fool.

sq

TriGirl 40 said...

When I heard about a movie called "Ironman" coming out, I thought "Cool, must be a triathlon documentary."

Never even considered it could be about a rock song or a super hero.

But those other ridiculous topics would be way more boring in comparsion, anyway, right?

TriGirl Kate O said...

there are some really stupid people in this world...where can I get an m-dot temporary tatoo???

Anonymous said...

Where's your tattoo??? I keep getting asked where mine is, but I didn't get one - I can do an Ironman but I'm a big girls blouse when it comes to getting a small tat! I bought a necklace instead!

btw.. I had some plonker at a race tell me "the Ironman is over, you can take the shirt off now" in regards to the fact I was wearing my finishers shirt - I figure he was just a jealous twit who's too scared to take it on even though he really wants to... and here's an overweight chic wearing a finishers shirt - too much for his ego to handle!!! It was all made funnier by the fact that he was wearing a Half Ironman finishers shirt from 2 years ago!! PLONKER

Melissa said...

next time someone asks you if it's temporary. say "yeah, and it's scratch and sniff, too. wanna smell it...oops. didn't mean to kick you." pity the fools. pity the fools.

Jonah Holland said...

So do you think that guy was kidding? is it possible?

Anonymous said...

Cyndi,
I am a journalist and am writing an article about Ironman triathlons for a national newspaper. Would you be willing to talk with me about your ironman experience?

If so, please drop me a note at christie@nasw.org and tell me your phone number.

I appreciate any help you can offer.

--Christie
www.christieaaschwanden.com

Catharine said...

I just came across your post when searching for m-dot tattoos. Just so you know, they do sell temporary m-dot tattoos and I am sporting one right now. I did IM FL and am still undecided about a real tat. I bought a stack of temp ones at the post-race expo and am wearing them for a while until I decide. So, I don't think the comment is *that* lame. :)

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see just how permeant memory has become in our lives. It seems like everytime I turn my head, I see something with a card slot or USB port, lol. I guess it makes sense though, considering how cheap memory has become lately...

Ahhh... I shouldn't be moaning and groaning. I can't make it through a single day without using my R4 / R4i!

(Submitted using Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.livejournal.com/491.html]R4i[/url] NETP)