Friday, April 20, 2007

I will have you all know that I represented the TriGirl dedication in style this past week!! Let me paint a picture: 6 adults on vacation in the OBX with our kids. It's a gorgeous day, the pool is heated to 90 degrees, we are in a HUGE house with a tiki bar next to the pool, overlooking the sound. Music is blaring, margaritas are flowing and where is TriGirl CD? That's right, baby, on my bike!! Here's my girlfriend holding the snacks and a margarita while I chill out TriGirl style:



Okay, truth be told, I split my bike ride up into an evening and morning workout. Friday night, I rode for 90 minutes and Saturday morning I ran my 10 miles. Alright, alright, if I'm going to be totally honest, I also celebrated my dedication by getting downright drunk on Saturday night!! But, to continue on my path of honesty, I've got to admit -- it was worth it!! I managed to get all my workouts in and STILL had a nice vacation! I was good when I had to be good and was bad when it was alright to be bad.

We got back on Monday and, of course, that was a horrible day for all of Virginia. I thought I'd write about my thoughts but nothing I could say truly encompassed how I was feeling. So, I guess I can't blog about some things -- I just can't put those feelings into words -- at least not on a computer. At times like these the feelings are so strong that I can only withdraw into my own emotions so I can find some solace where I can search for feelings of hope and peace. I simply pray that others who are more intricately involved in this tragedy will someday be able to find their sense of faith, joy and security again.

Tomorrow I have 10 half mile repeats. Uh, yeah. That sucks. But, still, I will be out at the track tomorrow evening, cursing through every one of them. On Saturday, there is the Blue Ridge ride which I am VERY excited (and nervous) about. Oh, and I guess I need to fit that whole swimming thing in there too!!! Ah, so much training and SO little time. . .

1 comment:

Melissa said...

that's dedication! you rock! and i know the post bike margie tasted delicioso!!