Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Weekend wrap-up . . .

Okay, if you read the TG Blogs, you already know that Tri Girls completely kicked ass at the Monument Avenue 10K!!!!! I was amazed by everyone's times!! Mine weren't too shabby either! Here are my stats:

5K Split: 26:51
10K Final Time: 53:57

This was BY FAR the best time I have ever had on a 10K. Here are previous year's Monument Ave. times:

2006- 59:47
2004- 1:04:23
2003- 1:03:33

The one thing that I learned is that I tend to set goals that I know I can achieve. And, I don't push beyond it. Half way through the race I felt great and knew I could pick up the pace. But did I? Nope. 'Cause I was comfortable. I wasn't breathing really hard, legs felt good, why ruin that? Well, cause it's a RACE!! It's the time to put all your training to the test. To really see what you can do. So now I look at my time and I'm still disappointed. Not because the numbers aren't good but because I know that I didn't try as hard as I could have. For once in my life, I would like to come through the finish line knowing that I put out 100%. That is something that definitely needs to be worked on this year.

On Saturday night I had a friend's 40th birthday party to attend and I did a pretty good job balancing the drinking thing! I had a couple glasses of wine and left by 11:30. The next day I still had the energy (and the hydration) to do my 2 and half hour ride. Albeit, I did it on my trainer to the 3hr endurance Spinervals DVD. But, seriously, since the workouts are coached and done specifically for "real" bike riders (as opposed to Spin classes) it was one of the hardest rides I've ever done -- indoors or out!!

Sunday night I skipped swim. Yep, I admit it. I totally played hooky. Couldn't help it. I spent all of Friday night at the first night of a work retreat, Saturday was the 10k and then straight to the second day of my work retreat. I came home for exactly an hour so that I could change and get ready to go to the 40th b'day party. Sunday I woke up and spent 3 hours on my bike. All this is great except that my two littlest ones kept asking me if they could spend some time with me because they missed me. So, it was an easy decision to skip the swim so I could spend some time with the kids.

Today I have a 1.5 hour bike ride and 1 hr. run ahead of me. It's a gorgeous day so I'm looking forward to it. I'll let you all know how it goes!

No comments: