Wednesday, April 4, 2007

TWO MONTHS TIL EAGLEMAN

Can you believe it???? There are only two months left until Eagleman -- in other words 9 more Saturdays. Holy crap!!!!! Am I ready? Ahhh! Heart palpitations. I never thought I would look at a 1/2 Ironman as a step in training. I mean, let's not underestimate what we are about to do! It's a FLIPPIN' HALF FREAKIN' IRONMAN!!!! To everyone who is undertaking this feat, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I NEVER would have believed I could do this if it weren't for you amazing, strong women. Seriously, I always hoped and wished I would "one day" do an Ironman. You know how that goes? Like "one day" I will buy a house in Italy, "one day" I will drive a convertible that's not suited for kids, "one day" I'll Spring clean my closets . . . Well, all of the sudden I saw these kick ass women signing up for my "one day" dream and I thought, what the hell is stopping me from doing this? And, I got my answer pure and simple: I was scared. So I decided to pull on my big girl pants (in pink) and join the fantastic women athletes on the playing field. And, now, here I am. On my way. AND, I actually Spring cleaned my closets this week, too!!

Here's my favorite quote: “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” Theodore Roosevelt

Rock on my fellow Tri Girls!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'll be there with cowbell cheering you on! You rock my socks!

Jonah Holland said...

Cyndi, I'm so proud of you for living your dream! Easier said than done.